For the Netherlands we have developed a complete intervention suit with a high-level thermal protection.
The wishes of the Dutch fire brigades were clear: they wanted a suit with a hig-level thermal protection that would be suitable for a multitude of different missions. To meet their expectations we created a versatile suit.
Several comparative tests on the DuPont Thermo-Man® have confirmed that our complex 825 delivers excellent results during a flash over.
We also studied the fit of the suit. The result: an ergonomic jacket combined with high trousers.
On the chest the fireman has two pockets with a 2-piece flap at his disposal. A Napoleon pocket gives access to useful accessories without having to open the jacket. In addition to the two pockets (with Velcro and a hook) at the bottom of the jacket there is also a pocket on the sleeve.
- two inner pockets with zipper and a pen pocket
- loops for a microphone and lamp are provided
- the jacket is closed with an anti-panic zipper
- on the chest and the back there are several loops to attach a coloured shoulder flap/vest
- the high trousers have a front slit with Velcro, a zipper and two side slits
- on each leg there is a big pocket, the one on the right leg has a subdivision for a lamp
- the trousers are easier and faster to put on thanks to the zipper on the lower leg (till the knee) that also comes in handy to nicely fit the pants over the boots
- the knee pads in Kevlar® (coated with a fire-safe polymer) offer more protection when the wearer is on his knees
Thanks to the retroreflective stripings of 5 cm in the form of a skeleton (body language), the fireman is also visible in the trafic at night.
Retroreflective striping - silver glass beads (50 mm)
This striping with a minimum width of 50 mm takes advantage of glass beads to reflect the light to make the wearer of the suit visible in dangerous circumstances. In accordance with the requirements of the EN 471/EN ISO 20471.
Complex 825 - Microrip
A complex that offers an excellent protection in case of a flashover
- Outer fabric: Nomex® Microrip Sioguard
- Waterproof membrane: SIO-A.I.R. PTFE
- Thermal barrier: Quilted felt on technical 3D Nomex® fabric
- Radio pocket
- Outside pockets to put away the gloves
- Inset pockets
- Napoleon pocket
- Pocket on the arm
- Inside pocket
- Pen pocket
- Loop for remote microphone
- Pocket overlap which leaves a passage for the antenna
- Other loops
- Name badge
- Inset sleeves
- Comfort sleeves
- Cuffs with opening for thumb
- Reinforced shoulders
- Non fluorescent shoulder flap
- High collar
- Collar with overlap
- Zip puller
- Grabbing loop at the bottom of the zip fastener, so it can be closed easily, even with gloves
- Overlap covering the zip
- Label flap
- Thermoadhesive Vidal label (composition, bar code...)
- Inspection zipper
- High waist trousers
- Side-pocket with fold
- Opening on the side till the knee
- Knees reinforced with coated Kevlar®
- Fixed braces
- Side slit
- Elastic in the waist
- Label flap
- Thermoadhesive label (composition, bar code...)